We’ve been talking about sustainability for a while now (I mean, we are a sustainable brand), but like tons of “trending” topics out there, this isn’t a black or white thing. We could compare it a lot with dieting, if you have to suffer through it, something is not right…
There’s no such thing as a “sustainable person”, but there is a sustainable lifestyle, and that’s what we aim for. Either you do a vegan day a week, or stop using single use plastics, save water, don’t buy from harmful brands, don’t support fast-fashion, buy organic, and countless other things you could do on a daily basis like, recycling… it will never be enough, and that is the hard truth! BUT (and this is a big one) there is always something else you can do, and that’s the beauty of it, you can always do it!
Now, clearly if you do all of the above and/or more, you’re certainly kicking a** at the sustainable game, and deserve a special place on the planet, but since no one is counting, you can do whatever feels good for you! You can also help by creating awareness, making noise on social media and sharing valuable information.
But if you are like us, and are always looking for ways of adding extra planet-saving activities to your routine you could try a few of the following (or all):
- Grow your own herbs, it’s a fun hobby and involves being outside.
- Take the stair over the elevator, not only helps the planet but will help you get those extra steps.
- Reduce the amount of the times you do laundry a week (if you’re like us and you hate folding, means doing this fewer times).
- ALWAYS opt for digital correspondence instead of mail.
- Turn off any electronics you are done using (e.g.: your computer when leaving work)
- Check out our skin care blog for ideas on natural care
- Reduce food waste by being more conscious on what you put on your plate
- Make coffee at home
- Reduce the amount of water you use to brush your teeth!
- Buy in bulk, bigger products, less often
- If you’re a woman, try the menstrual cup
- Borrow books instead of buying new
- Say no to disposable cutlery
And by far, our favorite one: SPEND. MORE. TIME. OUTSIDE!
Now, this are only ideas of things you could do on a regular basis, you don’t have to do them all, but know that small changes are the ones that gets us further. Make it monthly! Commit to one thing and don’t stop until it’s a habit, and then start a new one! If you get your friends, family and significant other involved it can be even turned into a thing you do together, for a great cause!
Are there things you do that we didn’t mention? We would love to know if you have more ideas we could try!
Remember, there’s no TIME to waste when caring about things that matter.